Saturday, November 3, 2012

dusk city rendition



the unintended holiday break finally allowed me to make something of my own.
due to my increasing interest in digital matte paintings, decided to put a little scenery together.
the most challenging part of this was to let my hand lose and allow myself to make mistakes.
for a while i struggled to draw straight lines in photoshop but eventually i forced myself to just enjoy making the picture. that's when i felt things come together.
a little step but it's okay for fact i rarely do this kind of things and am rather submerged in the 3d world most of the time.
i meant to depict something post apocalyptic. and of course with a subtle guilty conscious since hurricane sandy left significant damage to our friends and co-workers homes.
now it looks rather like shanty town.
i hope to continue the momentum and produce more digital paintings like this down the line.
hopefully without being tied down by hurricane next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment